Friday, December 31, 2010

Ringing in the New Year

Merry New Year!

This New Year's Eve brought in some awful weather. Rain and then dropping temps lead to road conditions that were terrible. A drive that usually takes about 2:15 took almost 3:30 hours. :( Tonight, there was a bad accident on the interstate that killed one person too. I hope all those crazy party people, keep a head on and drive safe.

There is something about a new, fresh calendar and the promise of a resolution that makes me happy.

Let's be honest. It's the time of year that I write the most on a blog.
Resolution #1) Blog. Duh. That's why I'm here.
Resolution #2) Like most other Americans, LOSE WEIGHT--I've been working on this one for the last few months though. So, I guess, I resolve to keep losing weight.
Resolution #3) Start a gratitude journal. I've read that people who keep journals are generally happier people. Who wouldn't want to be happier?
Resolution #4) Here it comes people--the real one: Stop belching in front of my kids. Yes....it's a bad habit and the kids are getting older and every once in a while, my son will just come out with a whopper. In my head I'm thinking, "Man, that was awesome", but I need to be responsible and I don't want him to just let one fly in the middle of a nice restaurant or when we're at a friend's home.

So there you go, people. I resolve!

Happy 2011!