Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Made in the USA!

A few weeks ago, my husband and I watched "Walmart:  The High Cost of Low Prices".  I knew as soon as I watched it, that I had to make sure that I never shopped at Walmart ever again.  Oh my gosh.  I learned a lot and the documentary really made me think.  If you get a spare 90 minutes and would like to be more socially aware of how large corps treat people, both here in America and around the world, PLEASE watch this movie.

I've been thinking a lot about the movie and how the Chinese people were treated.  Basically living in company owned housing and getting paid $.13 a day for 12-14 hours of work.  It made me cringe.

This morning, I decided that in July, I will try to only buy products made in the good ol' USA--with two exceptions--Gasoline--I really don't have a choice of what is at the pump--and the use of my one Gymboree Gymbuck--the clothes are made overseas.   (Just a side note:  I haven't had a Gymbuck in over a year.  In 2010, I made a New Year's Resolution to spend less on kids clothes.  I really did a great job and I think I busted my kids clothes shopping addiction).

In July, we will be going to Washington D.C. for our first non-Disney family vacation.  WE LOVE DISNEY and Boone already wants to go back, but I need to see other places besides the Magic Kingdom. I hope that this vacation will open more opportunities for vacationing for our family.

So, my July Resolution will be to shop USA!  Check back to watch me on my journey and to see what i learn.