Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pampered Chef Sandwich Press = Homemade Uncrustables Sandwiches

You've seen them.  Those peanut butter and jelly sandwiches without the crust called  "Uncrustables"Sandwiches.  They even have them at Walt Disney World.  I've seen them sold for $2.60-$4.00 at the store for four sandwiches.  YIKES!  My daughter is taking cold lunches to school every day and at that price, I think it's pretty crazy.  Fun?  Yes.  Costly?  Absolutely.

I wanted to make ahead of time and put them in the freezer.  Time saver for me in the mornings when every minute counts.  I found that Pampered Chef makes this great little tool called the "Cut-n-Seal" Sandwich Press.   I ordered one online from their store and it was sent to me--no party required!


This morning, I got some fresh bread and started making my homemade Uncrustables!

For the plain PB sandwiches, I just put the peanut butter in the middle. 


Put it together and centered the Cut-n-Seal in the middle.  Pressed down and then wiggled it to make sure that the tool cut all the way through the bread.


This is what I was left with after cutting and sealing.  My composter is happy. 


When I made the PB&J sandwiches, I put peanut butter on both pieces of bread so the jelly wouldn't make the bread soggy. 
I made nine Homemade Crustable Sandwiches--I didn't use the heels of the bread, so I could have gotten 10 sandwiches out of one loaf.  My kids don't like the heel.  Sorry all you heel lovers.  

I labeled the ziplock baggies "PB" and "PB&J" and put them in the freezer. 

The Pampered Chef "Cut-n-Seal" tool is awesome!  Parents with kids that take cold lunch, run out and get one of these babies!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.