Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin Sweater Tutorial

What's cuter than a pumpkin?  A PUMPKIN IN A SWEATER!!  Here is a super easy tutorial on making your very own pumpkin in a sweater.  No knitting required!

My first attempt:



What you need:
A fake pumpkin or gourd
Yarn--colors of your choosing
LOW TEMP Hot glue gun--Trust me, use the LOW TEMP!
Low Temp glue sticks
scissors



What to do:

I started hot gluing the yarn around the stem.  For the stem, I hot glued every part of where the yarn attached.  When I would put the yarn on the stem and glue, I would just pat it down.  


I started the orange part of the pumpkin at the top, but you could start at the bottom.  I made little drops of hot glue about every inch or so.  Tap and keep gluing.  Please use the low temp glue because you WILL get glue on your fingers.  Ok...you've been warned now.  

Glue, glue, glue and then you are done!  It took a couple hours of gluing, but I put on a movie and then finished while watching a DVR show.  I think I may try some plastic gourds that are starting to lose their paint. Time to refresh their look.