Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ribbon Wreath Tutorial

I made a ribbon wreath for my daughter's door this afternoon.  Inspiration:  Pinterest.  It's not my favorite finished project, as I think it looks a little manic, but maybe that's what my 5-year-old needs.  Manic.  

What you need: 
10-12" wire wreath form
TONS AND TONS of ribbon
scissors.  I used pinking shears.
hot glue gun
paint
little wooden plaque 
Letter stickers
How to make your ribbon wreath:
Cut your ribbons to about 6-8 inches in length and start to tie them around the wire wreath form.  
I tied each ribbon around two of the four wires.  That way it would cover more space.  

Tie, tie, tie...until your hands are tired.
Take a break.  
Tie, tie, tie.....
Take a break.  

Once you're happy with how "full" your wreath is, trim the ribbons so they are all the same length and you have your desired look.

Paint your little wooden "plaque" and let dry completely.
Stick on the letter stickers and hot glue some ribbon to the back of the plaque on one side.
You could also use the "Rub-On" letters that you can find at your local scrapbook stores, but I had letter stickers handy, so that's what I used.
Feed the ribbon around the wreath and then glue the ribbon to the other side of the plaque so that the plaque lays nicely.  You could also have two pieces of ribbon on the plaque and tie a bow on the wreath.  It's up to you!  Super easy craft.

You could also have a little helper with this craft, if you can trust them with scissors.

Voila!  You're done!
This craft took me about 2.5 hours from start to finish.