Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sugar-Free for 30 Days

I've been on a diet since December 10th.  Why December 10th?  Because I'm crazy and I wanted to get a head start on all those New Year's Resolution folks and then I could say on January 1st, "See, I'm 'x number' of pounds ahead of all those NY Resolution peeps.  Ha ha ha!"

I'm telling ya, going sugar-free, dairy-free in Wisconsin at Christmas time is insane and slightly torturous.  No cheese.  No cookies.  No nothing.  After you detox your body from it's sugar addiction, which in itself is really, REALLY bad--just ask my husband, you lose the craving for the sweets.  But almost everything has sugar in it now.  If it's not actual sugar, it's High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS).  Most of my meals have consisted of fresh or frozen veggies and a lean meat (most of the time white meat).

The second week of the diet, I felt amazing.  I can't tell you if it was because my body was rid of the nasty crap that had built up in my system like colorants or sugars or carbs, or if it was from the lack of dairy, which I've read is not good for our bodies in mass quantities.

I'm sure I will be sharing with you some of the recipes I've learned to de-sugar-ify, de-dairy-ify, de-carb-ify diet.  :)

Here's to getting healthier and hopefully a little less "fluffier" in 2012.