Monday, January 7, 2013

The rules don't apply to everyone, I guess.

This morning, Barrett had his well-child check up at 8 am.  So, we arrive at the clinic at 7:50 am.  We got "princess parking".  You know, that spot right by the door.  The strange thing was that there was no handicap spot next to us.  BUT, this is where it gets REALLY interesting.  A woman in a truck pulled up in the striped paint spot next to us.    I get out of our car and I was standing next to the back of the car waiting for Barrett to get out.  The woman gets out of her truck and I say "Good morning."  She turns to me and says, "I just gotta park here quick.  I won't be very long."   Some people have a lot of nerve, but whatever.  Then Barrett hops out of the car and we walk in.  

An hour later, we walk out of the clinic and guess who is standing next to her truck smoking?  That "quick" lady.  Then she puts out her cigarette and walks back into the clinic.  I couldn't believe it.  

Yep.  That "quick" stop that "wouldn't be very long" was there for over an hour and then went back in.  It was unreal.  I guess the rules don't apply to everyone.