Thursday, April 11, 2013

Paper Heart Wall Hanging Tutorial


Check out what I made!  I bought three 1/4 inch thick by 36" long.  I painted one this beautiful pearl purple by Martha Stewart and the ends of the other two.  After they were dry, I glued them together so it was a total of 3/4" thick.  

I traced and cut a bunch of hearts on lots of different card stock paper.  I just made the heart shape that I liked and then traced and cut.  Traced and cut.  Traced and cut.  Over and over.  I watched a bunch of The Bachelor and a couple movies.  

I laid them out on the floor and found a pattern that I liked and then took them to the sewing machine.  

I left a tail of about 18-20" for ties and then I started putting the sewing machine and started sewing.  After I got through the heart, I'd leave a few inches and then sew another heart.  I'd do that over and over until I was done with the string.  



After I had all of the strings put together, I started to tie them to the painted stick.  

Then I hot glued lace to help hide the threads and to give it a cute, finished look.  I made sure the lace went around to the back a couple inches. 


And for a total of about $8.50, for the sticks that I picked up at JoAnn's and the heart lace (I used paper that I already had in my stash), I made this cute, girly decoration.  

If you make one, I'd love to see your take on it.  Send me a pic!



I think it's so super cute.  I'm thinking about doing something like this but with STARS for my music studio next year!  Super inexpensive and great impact on a wall!