Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm a chronic over-planter. My Dahlietta Bed.

I'm a chronic over-planter.  Yes, I over plant my flower beds.  I get so excited and I want more flowers.  MORE. FLOWERS!  They're so pretty!  I want more!  I've learned over time to stop the madness and how happy my flowers are when I don't over plant.

I'm learning though.  This year, my front bed is going to be mainly a Dahlietta bed.

I should let you know that I do usually let my front bed be a "ANYTHING GOES" part of my beds.  My window boxes, hanging pots, and other stuff always have to match, but for some reason, the front bed, I really don't care.  It's my place that I can go mad and just try out other things.  I like that I can.  I love that I can experiment with new combinations of flowers or colors.  This year, I'm doing a Dahlia bed.  I do have tall deep purple Salvia in the back and then Mounding White Verbena in the front, but the showstoppers will be the NINE Betty, Caroline, and Emily Pink Dahliettas in the middle.  Best part--I didn't over plant.  I can't wait to see how these ladies grow and mature over the summer.

Here is the early picture.