Thursday, May 9, 2013

Moss Letter Tutorial

Check it out.  I know you've all seen them before, but I've finally gotten around to making one of my own.  



I ordered a wood letter from Craftcuts.com.  I chose a font that I hadn't seen someone work with before,  and I got it about 15" tall and only 1/4" thick.  It was less than $10 shipped to my door.  The quality is great and it is very sturdy, especially considering it is so thin.  Shipping was super fast too.  From order to delivery was only 4 days and I paid for the cheapest shipping available, cuz that's how I roll.  


I bought the SuperMoss Instant Green Sheets at JoAnn's with a 50% coupon.  The moss was less than $7.50 for the massive sheet and I had TONS left over at the end of the project.  I'm thinking I may order a letter when it gets closer to the holidays and make a letter for my parents or my father-in-law.  

I used glue sticks I already had at home.  


I flipped the letter over and positioned the letter so I would have a little waste as possible.  The I cut the moss so I would just have to wrap it around the letter and glue.  This is a super easy project.  When I make the ones for Christmas, I think I'll have the kids help me.  SUPER. EASY.  


When I glued, I started with all the ends and the big corners, then I finished with the rest.  

I added the white ribbon and hung it by the front door.  I love it!

Next time I order from Craftcuts.com, I'm going to get a few different letters for a few projects to save on shipping.  Not too shabby for less than $20.