Wednesday, June 26, 2013

This has been a long few weeks.

So much has happened the last few weeks, I don't even know where to begin.  It's exhausting even to think back.

We went to drove to Yellowstone National Park, Mount Rushmore,  Needles Highway, the Badlands, and the Tetons (pictures to come later) with the kids and it was lovely.  Better than I had expected, actually.  The parks were wonderful. We had okay weather too.  Two days of wind and cold, but nothing that a fleece jacket and blanket couldn't handle.

The day before we left, I did my self-breast exam.  Even though I found a lump in February and had a mammogram and ultrasound on both breasts and was given the all clear, I found a lump in my right breast.  This time, the lump is hard, like a pea.  I called right away and got on Friday afternoon, right before we were leaving for our trip.  STRESSFUL!    The NP confirmed what I felt, but the radiologist and mammogram techs were already gone for the weekend and I couldn't get anything other than an appointment for my return.  MORE STRESS.

We left on our trip with so much on my mind.  It was so hard to relax, but I tried.

Monday after we got back,  Boone dropped Barrett off at Math Camp and we went to my appointment at the hospital.  Mammogram and Ultrasound was done, but before I was always given results immediately.  This time I had to wait a full day.  STRESS.

Test came back suspicious and there are two lumps.  Great.

Biopsy is on Friday for both lumps.

If you read this, please keep me in your thoughts.