Sunday, July 28, 2013

American Suzuki Institute

I'm leaving for a couple of weeks to teach at the American Suzuki Institute.  No, it's not where people go to learn how to ride Suzuki Motorcycles.  I get to teach kids, young and old, how to play the violin using the Suzuki Philosophy and the "Mother Tongue Method".

It has become my teaching "battery recharge" for the year and I'm really looking forward to it.

Yesterday I started feeling a little better--not as many pokes and tingles, and I'm hoping that today follows the trend.

The first week I teach an hour extra so that the second week, Boone can bring the kids and I can have the two hours where they have their semi-private lessons free to come and be with them.  It has worked out really well so far and I'm really happy.  The progress my kids make in a week is fantastic and we love being with like-minded families.