Monday, November 25, 2013

Kinda liking this clean house business

We've worked so hard to get the house in "SHOWING" shape and I have to admit...I like the way it feels.  So clean.  So tidy.  Not having all that extra stuff around is freeing.  The kids are getting used to not having all that stuff around too.  I know that they'll be happy to have a few of their precious toys back, but I wonder if they'll be willing to part with a few of them once they're back.

Having showings every couple days or almost every day certainly keeps me on my toes and I'm always looking for something to clean (the floors especially), but it's working well and now that we've been doing it for over a week now, we're becoming a well-oiled machine.  Don't get me wrong.  I'd love to leave my floors a mess for a couple of days, but I told the realtors that I only need two hours notice.  The floors take about 30 minutes to wash and then I need another 30 minutes to just tidy up and get it all set.  15 minutes to pack up the car with our valuables and then start the movie projector and leave a little extra time to get out.

We just keep on working at it, but it's paying off.  Tomorrow is our first "Second Showing".  I'm not holding my breath, but it's something, right?