Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Product Review: The Wet Brush

Gwen, my 7 year old daughter, has been growing her hair out.  I can't say she has fine hair, but it's certainly not full.  She donated her hair to Locks of Love two years ago and she wants to be a "hair farm".  Her words.

Her hair is a tangled mess all the time and she doesn't do a very good job combing or brushing through it.  So there I am, a few times a day, brushing out what we call the "Simba Mane Mess".  It's been getting so bad that she's been toying with the idea of getting it cut into the bob that she had when she donated back in 2011.  I'm all for cutting and donating to Locks of Love, but it's just not long enough quite yet.  I like it overly long so we have a little extra to play with in styling her hair afterwards.

So the search began and the amazing Wet Brush was found.  I got mine at Sally's Beauty Supply Store, but it's also available directly from Wet Brush.com, and on Amazon for the same price and there are way more color choices on Amazon.  I also saw them at my hairdresser's salon too.


They just look like regular old brushes, but OMG!  They're awesome!!!!!  Like a hot knife through butter, this brush just slides through.  The bristles are soft and let the hair slide through without breakage or pulling.  With brushing, you work through the snarls.   Super easy.  Happy kid.  Happy momma!  It can be used on wet or dry hair too.

They come in all sorts of colors, patterns and even wood!  I love the Wet Brush!!!!!  It has saved Gwen's mane and our mornings are going so much quicker and happier.  Long story short:  If you or your child is struggling with a tangled mane, the Wet Brush is worth every penny!