Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Narcotics and I don't mix

Ended up in the Emergency Room on Sunday.  I tried so hard to make it to my students, but only made it about 30 miles and ended up in tears from the pain.  I'm so sad and disappointed from missing the families.  Last week was Spring Break, so it feels so long since I've seen them.  I miss them and I hope they keep playing and working forward in their assignment.  Spring is always so hard to miss a lesson too.  There is a recital next week and another breathing down my neck and a Festival Concert not far off.  It's just so hard to miss.  Plus Solo/Ensemble for my older students.  It makes it so stressful to miss them.  Then the Pre-Twinklers need me there to keep the momentum moving forward.  Let's face it.  I just love seeing them.  They're my family.  I just love seeing them and helping them grow.  I didn't want to turn around and I think I was crying in the car more for them than I was for myself and the pain. I knew I couldn't make it though.

Once I got to the ER, it was a relief that I'd find out if something bad was going on inside my belly.  I mean, I know nothing good is going on.   But to find out if I needed attention to anything right away, because when I woke up on Sunday morning, I felt HORRIBLE!  They got me hooked up with an IV and I got some pain medication.  Thank you, Jesus.  It was nice to have some relief after a couple weeks of stomach pain.

Some tests later, I was told that everything came back "normal" and they think something else that they don't deal with in the ER is going on and to "see my primary care doctor".  Ah.  That elusive "primary care doctor".  The doctor I don't have an appointment with until April 1st.

They sent me home with a couple of prescriptions, one for acid reducing (they think I may have a stomach or intestine inflammation) and one for pain--a narcotic, and off we went...well slowly.  I am not feeling well at all yet.

Holy Hannah.  The withdrawl from the pain medication was horrible.  One pain pill was enough to show me that I will NOT be taking that again and will opt to be taking Tylenol.  I was so sick.  I couldn't even move without feeling like I was going to fall over and puke my guts out.

I miss my students horribly.  I feel terrible that I couldn't teach them, but I know I was in the right place on Sunday and Monday, it still doesn't make me miss them any less.

Oh----I called the doctor as soon as I could on Monday, and I have an appointment this Wednesday!  Amazing!  Why the heck wouldn't they see me earlier?  GEEZ!