Sunday, June 22, 2014

Digging out and digging in.

We've moved (again) It's been a process, but it's getting there.  I have a basement, garage, and an office full of boxes, but the rest of the house is in pretty good shape.  Now I bring in a box, unpack it, and get rid of the cardboard.  I've learned that there are some larger items that are "kinda" in the house and aren't working.  Our large, leather couch is one.  It's just too big for our living room.  It's going to be there for a few months.  I don't have the time or the energy to go out and buy new furniture for the room.  We can make due for now, have an over-sized couch and get new couches in the fall or winter.  It looks a little crowded, but whatever.

The office is a disaster.  We didn't have a room dedicated specifically to being an office, so this is completely new and we need office furniture.  This room we will be tackling in the next month.  In our last house, we had a room in our basement that was a guest room/office/craft room and it was AWESOME!  It was huge and it did all the stuff we needed.  Now we have a good size office, but no craft room or guest room (because I have a studio and waiting room).  So we have a lot of arranging to do.

The basement is well...AHHHH!  We had to clean out the unfinished part to build shelves--hopefully to be complete in the next few weeks.  So all the boxes are in the studio, waiting room, and family room.  It's a mess, but with a purpose.

The garage is a work in progress.  I had a friend come and pick up almost all the boxes we had for her upcoming move.  My parents came down for a super quick visit and they took a box of stuff and their twin-sized mattress.  So, things are moving out instead of in,

I'm so anxious to get things settled.  I've been in this upheaval since we moved to the Madison area in January.  I try hard every day to get as much done as possible.  I want to be settled and I don't want to start thinking ahead to my teaching until things at home are in order.

On the bright side, today is our anniversary.  Twelve years!  Hard to believe how fast it's gone!  Boone had flowers delivered as a sweet surprise.  So pretty.

On another bright side, I'm itchy for Disney and I'm pretty sure I'll be planning again soon.  It's been a year and a half since we've been there and I can't take much more.  I miss my Mickey.

More brightness!  We have renters!  We have a momma Robin laying eggs in the tiny hydrangea tree we just planted in the front of the house.  She's laid one egg and I'm pretty sure she's laying another as I write.