Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fabric Pennant Banner Tutorial


It turns out that my exhaustion was a flu.  I'm pretty much over it.  Thank goodness!  This momma is off and running and I'm enjoying being creative again.  I am starting to make things that I've been pinning on my Pinterest boards over the past year.  I started with this fun fabric pennant.  In my search of good to share tutorials, I learned that these pennants are also called banners, buntings, and pennants.  

I've seen these super cute pennants go for over $60 on Etsy for the length that I made for Gwen's room.  YIKES!  Gwen chose the fabrics from scraps I had in my stash and also a couple of new fat quarters at JoAnn Fabrics with an extra coupon I had laying around.  




Now, I immediately need to say that I changed how I used the tutorial. Gwen wanted the edges to be finished, so I cut the triangles, sewed them right sides together, flipped the triangles wrongs sides together, pressed with an iron to make it look nice and clean, and then continued on with the tutorial. I'm not a fan of a raw edge, so I did the extra steps.  Take it for what you like.

Here is the tutorial I used from Your Homebased Mom.  The pictures and descriptions were great!

I love her blog and I follow her on Facebook. She's always coming up with something super creative!